Candidates in Year 2 at state primary schools are encouraged to apply for a 7+ Bursary. There are three places available each September for children to join the school in Year 3:
- One place for a girl to join Eaton House Girls’ School, Clapham. Girls remain at the school until Year 6.
- One place for a boy to join Eaton House the Manor Pre-Prep, Clapham, who would then move up to the Prep School. Boys remain at the school until the end of Year 8.
- One place for a boy to join Eaton House, Belgravia. Boys remain at the school until the end of Year 6, with the potential to transfer to Eaton House, Clapham for years 7 and 8.
The bursaries are valid for the whole of the child’s time at school, as long as the family continues to meet the financial criteria associated with the bursary scheme. As a guide, a 100% bursary is most likely to be awarded to a family with a total household income of £42,500 or less, whose only major asset is their home.
A bursary is worth 100% of school fees, which include lunches, stationery and day trips. Residential trips are also included, as is support for uniform and equipment costs.
To be eligible for an award, parents and children must be legally resident in the United Kingdom for the duration of the award and live within 10 miles (as the crow flies) of the School. Awards are made against the following criteria.
The child’s performance at assessment day:
- Positive reference from their current primary school
- Positive performance in interview with the Head of the school they are applying to
- Strong performance in 7+ examinations
- Maths examination
- English examination
- Standardised cognitive ability assessment
- Attention will be given to the academic assessment results of each applicant, with consideration given to potential as well as actual achievement. The pupil must be deemed by the Head to be likely to make sound academic progress following admission and benefit from participation in the wider life of the school
The family’s financial and other circumstances:
- Meeting the financial criteria associated with the bursary scheme
- Other mitigating factors may also be considered, including individual family and individual health circumstances
An award is granted at the sole discretion of the Foundation. The Foundation’s decision is final.
THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS FRIDAY 10 FEBRUARY 2023.
EARLY APPLICATIONS ARE ENCOURAGED.
The Foundation’s Grant Award Policy including the terms and conditions associated with a bursary is available here. Application forms are available here.
If you have questions, want to talk through whether a bursary is right for your family, or want to book a tour of the schools before applying, please do e-mail or call Head of Admissions, Sam Feilding at EHFoundationApplications@eatonhouseschools.com or 020 3917 5050. Alternatively you can fill out the form below to request a call back: