Eaton House The Manor’s 8+ entry point is for the Boys’ School only, if you are looking for a place for a girl at 8 years old, please visit our Occasional Places page.
The thought of uprooting your child from their current school at age 8 may be daunting, but in the independent sector it is a natural transition for many boys. Eaton House The Manor Prep has a specific 8+ entry point, for boys who are ready to take that next leap forward, both academically and socially. Prospective pupils are asked to complete a formal 8+ assessment day for external entry into Year 4.
At 8+ entry, places are offered based on availability and the results of the 8+ assessment only. We are committed to equal treatment for all, regardless of a candidate’s race, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
What steps do I need to take to put my son forward for entry at 8+?
- In the autumn of the year before your child would start, you will be able to join us for an open house event, hosted by our Head of Admissions. This will include an introductory talk by the Head teacher about the school and 8+ entry.
- Register your child using our online form. You will receive an email within 7 days to confirm your registration. Please note, there is a non-refundable registration fee of £125 per child.
- On registration, your child will be added to our waiting list for 8+ assessment. He will be invited to attend an assessment morning in January of the year in which he would start.
- Places will be offered to successful candidates in February following assessment.
- Once offered, places are secured by payment of a deposit and completion of a parental acceptance form.
What Happens at the 8+ Assessment Day?
- Your son will participate in a variety of activities around the school, modelling those they might take part in on a normal school day.
- They will be interviewed by the Head teacher, and sit assessments in English, Maths and Reasoning.
- The sessions usually last from 9.00am until 1.00pm and we aim to make the morning as relaxed and enjoyable as possible for the boys.
- Full information on the day will be sent to registrants nearer the time but, in the meantime, please make a note of the timeline.
- If you have any questions about the assessment process, please do not hesitate to contact Miss Sam Feilding, Head of Admissions on 020 3917 5050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thinking of changing school or looking for a place mid-term or year? Please visit our Occasional Places page.
Eaton House Schools operates a sibling policy to give priority to prospective pupils whose siblings are already attending a school within the group. However, please note that all places are subject to availability.